23.5.07

Russia, what a country!

Came back from Russia last Sunday and have been breathing a lot easier since. Literally!! The smog was unbelievable in St. Petersburg and the trains with which we travelled from there to Petrozavodsk, near lake Ääninen in Carelia, were lined with wall-to-wall carpeting (propably not on the outside but practically everywhere else). My throat was sore for three days, but now I feel fine... well, better.

Memories from the trip will never fade - such an experience with new and old friends is absolutely recommendable!! Our American trainee here at work has looked quite puzzled when I have told him about the three tickets we got for illegal drinking and photography and the attempted robbery of one of our group members and still I have a shine in my eyes when I tell him how cool the trip was. Yes - despite all the stuff mentioned above, it was übercool!

Links to the hotel and a picture of the group (minus Veera, who's taking the pic) are in the message below. I'll post more when I can think rationally about the whole thing... or whatever.

Ei kommentteja: